Change a Life
For less than $1 a day, you can scholarship a child through The First Tee-Central Arkansas’ Life Skills Experience.
By sponsoring a child, you help to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf. The cost to you is $20 per month ($240/year), but the gift is priceless!
More than a sports program
At First Tee-Central Arkansas, we believe all young people should have access to safe places and caring adult mentors who help them grow socially, emotionally and academically.
While learning the fundamentals of a golf swing, our character education programs provide a fun, active environment to teach young people how to manage emotions, resolve conflicts, communicate, set goals and much more.
The power of relationships
First Tee-Central Arkansas coaches create positive relationships that inspire young people to discover their individual potential.
Through The First Tee Life Skills Experience, young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the power of giving back to their community, all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.
we empower youth
- 91% were involved in community service while in The First Tee (72% continue serving)
- 73% reported high confidence in their ability to do well academically
- 82% felt confident in their social skills with peers
- 78% described their ability to transfer life skills through specific examples and stories
- 52% credited the program for their ability to appreciate diversity